Webinar: Understanding the RICO Indictments Against Stop Cop City Activists
Monday, September 25
7 pm ET/4 pm PT
On September 5, Georgia Attorney General Chris Carr filed indictments against 61 people on RICO charges, as well as domestic terrorism and money laundering allegations, for allegedly being part of the movement to Stop Cop City. The indictments are clearly intended to serve a political end: that is, to silence the protest movement, to prevent it from having access to attorneys, bail support and even legal observation.
Join the National Lawyers Guild for a webinar with defense attorneys and human rights defenders confronting these indictments. Learn about the scope and intent of these indictments and the legal and community defense challenging them.
- Stanley Cohen, criminal defense attorney representing movement activists for 40 years
- Devin Franklin, attorney, Southern Center for Human Rights; former Fulton County public defender
- Mo Meltzer-Cohen, educator, attorney, abolitionist
- Don Samuel, defense attorney; former president, Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Azadeh Shahshahani, Legal and Advocacy Director, Project South; past president, National Lawyers Guild
Discussion with Susi Durán, Suzanne Adely and Sarina Larson
Organized by National Lawyers Guild Atlanta, NLG National, NLG International Committee